Monday, June 20, 2011

Making up for lost time

So, I am about to say something really lame. I don't have my camera right now. My mom is off on a vacation with my aunt, and she swindled me out of it. On the bright side, I've been cooking and taking pictures long before this blog even started.

One of the first things I tried to cook were crepes. I was kind of apprehensive, but I winged it anyway. And, it turned out great. I was really impressed with myself. I thought, wow, I can really do this.

Crepes (original recipe here)

2 eggs
1 cup of milk
2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil

  1. In a blender or food processor, combine eggs, flour, milk, salt and oil. Process until smooth, but do not over mix. Put it in the fridge for at least an hour.
  2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brush with either oil or butter. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter and tilt the pan until its surface is coated completely. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown, and flip once. Repeat with the remaining batter.

My mom was really impressed too. She doesn't even know how to make this thing. It delights me to know that I have one-upped her on something. I tasted the crepes as they were, and well, they were kind of bland. So...

I put condensed milk on it. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment