Monday, June 20, 2011

First and foremost...

Most people start food blogs like this very one because they love food. They simply can't get enough of it. If they're not already cooking or eating for a living, then they are young people who want to cook or eat for a living.

I am not one of them.

I love food. I do. Why the hell would I be here if I didn't? It's a wonderful thing.
But, I am not that girl. I did not change my future career path because I was swept up by Julie & Julia, and I certainly don't plan on going to culinary school, or becoming a chef.
I cook because, well, I'm bored. I live in a small city, and to be honest, there isn't much to do here.
So, I make food. My family has always been big on cooking, and I guess it's about time I joined my mother and my grandmother as "the cooks" of the family. It feels all too much like a right of passage. I can just imagine my grandmother standing in our tiny kitchen, knighting me with a wooden spatula, and uttering the words: "You, my child, are now a woman. Huzzah."

No comments:

Post a Comment