Friday, June 24, 2011

happy days.

Forget your troubles (happy days)... Come on get happy (are here again)...
You better chase all your cares away (the skies above are clear again)...
Shout hallelujah (so let's sing a song)... 
Come on get happy (of cheer again)... 
Get ready for the judgement day (happy days are here again)...


Oh, nothing describes my mood right now better than this Garland-Streisand classic. I wasn't able to find the original version, but I was able to find the Glee version of this duet. Told you I was a dork. Don't judge me.

Just a couple of days ago, I got my first official paycheck! I literally jumped around in my room, and on my bed, for like ten minutes; it was a big deal. Also, as a little cherry on top, I got camera back. Yes, there will be new pictures. I'm so excited. I can't think of anything that's going to possibly rain on my parade (Hint: get used to the Streisand references).
I am also heading out to Memphis tomorrow. To eat. Korean food, specifically. I adore Korean food. I, of course, love Galbi (short ribs) and Bulgogi (marinated thinly-sliced steak). But, I am such a big fan of their soups. Seriously, you won't find a better soup culture anywhere else. There are soups with meat, seafood, kimchi, bean paste, tofu, fermented tofu, Spam, beef tendons--it goes on. You get the idea, right? Good.

OH, and my mother is in town right now. So, I've been eating well. Very well. I haven't been cooking this week, which can be either good or bad. But, at least the food is good. And, my stomach is happy. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment